SLUG Mailing List Archives
[SLUG] SLUG Meeting April 2012
- To: announce@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: [SLUG] SLUG Meeting April 2012
- From: committee@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 02:43:26 +0000
====== April 2012 SLUG Meeting ======
* Date: Friday, April 27, 2012, 6 p.m.
* Start: Arrive at 6pm for a 6:30pm start
* Format: TBA
* RSVP: http://www.slug.org.au/event/142001
* Suggest or sign up for a talk at http://www.slug.org.au/talks
* Voting for the SLUG sub-committee election is open until 27/04/2012 16:00.
To vote, visit
Voting is optional-preferential - you can rank the people you'd like to see
elected from most-preferred to least-preferred. Please note that although
are more candidates than advertised positions, we will be asking the LA
committee to appoint all the candidates unless there's a significant
in the number of votes for the 4th person. If there's a candidate you really
don't want to get in, abstain from voting for them.
==== Details ====
Dr Jiri Baum: The Version 3 Effect
A number of FOSS projects have had a "break everything" release, usually
version 3.0. In this talk I survey a number of prominent examples, draw out
common threads and explore possibilities for avoiding this effect in the
Level 5, Workplace 6
48 Pirrama Road
-- Getting there --
The Google office is the big black building marked "Accenture" opposite
Star City Pirrama Road facade.
If using the trains, you can go either get off at;
* Town Hall station, head towards Darling Harbour, walk across the Pyrmont
footbridge and then follow Pirrama Road towards Star city.
* Central station, then follow the light rail instructions.
If using the buses, the route 443 stops right out front of the building.
If using the light rail, get off at Star City station and walk across the
If you drive, then you can look for parking on the suburban streets around
the office (or pay for parking at the Casino), and then walk from there.
=== Afterwards ===
We'll be aiming to finish by 8pm and will be heading to the Pyrmont Bridge
Hotel (PBH) afterwards to socalise and eat dinner. The PBH is marked on the