SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] Bar Code scanners
- To: Patrick Elliott-Brennan <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] Bar Code scanners
- From: James Polley <jamezpolley@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2012 14:10:24 +1000
- Cc: slug <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id:subject:to :cc:content-type; bh=BUrxZqQsMw5x5Lp4sbkES3277yRnhafIRAf+KmD0jhE=; b=BU8q2wQ1lLF9vyp5zNJ85KfiKgtkVCFqhA1MOaAMxg/6lo6SCWa0K5Ld0aodwkz5FG mETVhMT/dohxYbfa5NXP6u1EL8omddRl6er2qY7TUTIwPfeRBINtEY4ymqxXD4PW/lvi BfPmJungzdIoOaSgQ3MGYOFad/AMxmI5eEfIbVZEOD0nNFlaInFZU13iekzyWxCrFyQ6 G0g9SHJmB9jpY7I/nfQofqcUpAfkvFa2O1CXfGzOfkOrlYiHHN9wKNeCHx1PtEXBDgOg vIzr37JWbVzY6gnzu++4CVvvFyWrIulbI94YitqW1hj0tcw5ygqg+mc/qTjdl3VeUXYN UB2w==
You have an Android phone, right?
That page has 6 lines of python that read the URL - but 2 of those are
turning it into a url and looking up the book on Google Books. All you want
to do is record the barcode, so you'll want to tweak that a little bit -
you probably just want to record the ISBNs to a text file and look up the
GoodReads has an android app that not only does the scanning, it also
uploads your book list to their service that helps you track them -
On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 11:45 AM, Patrick Elliott-Brennan <
> Hi all,
> I've got to scan a whole collection of books (a couple of hundred at least)
> and was wondering if anyone has any experience with those that do/don't
> work with Linux or know of another way I can scan the books?
> A loan of one would be good, if possible.
> SLUG - Sydney Linux User's Group Mailing List - http://slug.org.au/
> Subscription info and FAQs: http://slug.org.au/faq/mailinglists.html