SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] Linux and Apache limits on number of files in a directory
- To: Ken Foskey <kfoskey@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] Linux and Apache limits on number of files in a directory
- From: Marghanita da Cruz <marghanita@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2012 09:40:30 +1000
- Cc: slug <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Organization: Ramin Communications
- Reply-to: marghanita@xxxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: Thunderbird 220.127.116.11 (X11/20101027)
When I downloaded the players in a single directory on my computer after download the directory management took it toll on my application, following the same directory structure had a massive improvement on performance, a simple divide gave me the directory.
It would be worth noting, that caching would make the situation slightly
different on a webserver.
Marghanita da Cruz
Ramin Communications (Sydney)