SLUG Mailing List Archives
[SLUG] Re: Ubuntu instalation
- To: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: [SLUG] Re: Ubuntu instalation
- From: Johannes Nielsen <bammebaby@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2012 02:29:32 +0000
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:reply-to:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id :subject:to:content-type; bh=QCN/fCjmm+rGcR1UwhzOaSW+fmUk7iBRVuC1H/HVuiY=; b=nrqM8e0138gAa2XefPh36IR1gipkiTBL1iNTH46gEkyRXbcuJs/OsaS3IYelGIFB/e Iixf1Hr7FKnxn6gRAMeT/2N9xfW+c0tuXxz/rn1VWlKBAOT5rbB8s5dfbQHFizvxPvTU BLXmNaM/rvEwBhzC65JT8UKWHceGmGobH16DqKIxnstintbEm+lHLYiRCqpYO6wdSDe1 roa4z9HVeTakckgYjDwy6UKyqMJ6KerEoFCqLUXOYpHYnpeQMg+GjEHSs/ls1iJLcG7X 7PTmvfgz3AV5aC124iigEN71whmP9MjVWHFWaVwzmmxBr9VJt8UnvZGm80qj3PdCzYcM dXww==
- Reply-to: bammebaby@xxxxxxxxx
Who is on the list that is around the Balmain area happy to travel that
would be willing to support me with getting Ubuntu to run off of my HDD I
managed to install it successfully as I did the last time.
As far as I am aware it was a Grub loader issue and when I boot from the
HDD it comes up to a blank screen and blinking cursor
Yours in Wellness
Johannes Nielsen CEO
Wellness Marketing and Event Management
ABN 32 071 013 220
+ 61 (0) 451 326 960 (Optus Cell Phone)
Excellence in Service Provision
On 2 April 2012 01:52, Johannes Nielsen <bammebaby@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi all
> I had a HDD failure which wiped out my Ubutnu install and I have put a new
> HDD in and installed Ubuntu and what comes up when I boot from the HDD is a
> blank screen and the cursor.
> Someone was kind enough the support me in getting Ubuntu running the last
> time and I would really appreciate if someone could guide me through the
> process now.
> Yours in Wellness
> Johannes Nielsen CEO
> Wellness Marketing and Event Management
> ABN 32 071 013 220
> + 61 (0) 451 326 960 (Optus Cell Phone)
> ICQ 70972773
> Skype fuzzy8561
> Excellence in Service Provision
> On 30 March 2012 20:43, Jim Donovan <jimd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> >From the Westpac site this evening:
>> >Online Banking will be unavailable from 02:50 am Sydney time for 1 hour
>> 25 minutes on Sunday 1 April 2012 due to scheduled maintenance.
>> Meanwhile, NAB says:
>> >Due to scheduled maintenance Internet Banking will be unavailable on
>> Sunday 1 April from 1AM-5AM AEDT.
>> We discussed this before. Looks like banks still haven't worked out how
>> to handle changing timezones. And NAB doesn't understand that there simply
>> won't be 5AM AEDT on 1 April.
>> Jim Donovan
>> SLUG - Sydney Linux User's Group Mailing List - http://slug.org.au/
>> Subscription info and FAQs: http://slug.org.au/faq/mailinglists.html