SLUG Mailing List Archives
[SLUG] Ubuntu touchpad issues
- To: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: [SLUG] Ubuntu touchpad issues
- From: Edwin Humphries <humphries.edwin@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2012 11:45:53 +1100
- Authentication-results: mr.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of humphries.edwin@xxxxxxxxx designates 10.68.226.41 as permitted sender) smtp.mail=humphries.edwin@xxxxxxxxx; dkim=pass header.i=humphries.edwin@xxxxxxxxx
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:date:from:reply-to:organization:user-agent:mime-version :to:subject:content-type; bh=89YQR9uKHeGaolFiy9IXnGfncFxXRsNzHjBxn/qrfYo=; b=ejZgh3U50fU/Rk0o7NC2RNivUSePhKOgjkWQKLmnDpwcC6whW8sI6y6XWM2c/Bjo1v uB1hRp/59dTkuljB3W6/T46LaAqoBOUtj9sn+1pFhPVMQv4+V6ke6wQOebN73Xl/oIB+ k574CK48OwtUgQpeZfo96/PIZBHfxkjCImVcI=
- Organization: NetSense Computers
- Reply-to: Edwin Humphries <edwinh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:8.0) Gecko/20111124 Thunderbird/8.0
I'm wondering whether anyone has had success at resolving Ubuntu
touchpad issues? My daughter and I both have dual-boot (Win7 64/Ubuntu
11.10 64) laptops; mine is an Acer Travelmate 5740 and hers a Fujitsu
Lifebook S6410. the Acer has a Synaptic PS/2 touchpad, and the Fujitsu a
"Microsoft" PS/2 touchpad.
I can go into some detail on my case - her laptop's not here, but I'm
hoping the fix will sort hers out as well.
A USB wireless mouse plugged in to the Acer works fine; however nothing
on the touchpad works.
The "Synaptics TouchPad driver for X.Org server" is installed and after
installing tpconfig the Touchpad tab is present under Mouse and Touchpad
settings. I installed "gpointing-device-settings", which also recognises
the device and provides for its configuration. But neither actually do
I've added 'GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX="i8042.nopnp"' to the grub conf, and the
touchpad works at the login screen, so I'm assuming it's something
associated with X, but I'm very inexpert in even understanding X, let
alone debugging it, so: does anyone have ideas?
adr:;;79 Barney St (P. O. Box 423);Kiama;NSW;2533;Australia
tel;work:+61 (0)2 4233 2285
tel;fax:+61 (0)2 4233 2871
tel;cell:+61 (0)419 233 051