SLUG Mailing List Archives
[SLUG] Bundling OS with PC unfair commercial practice - France
- To: SLUG general <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [SLUG] Bundling OS with PC unfair commercial practice - France
- From: elliott-brennan <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2012 14:06:03 +1100
- Reply-to: mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux x86_64; en-US; rv:220.127.116.11) Gecko/20111108 Thunderbird/3.1.16 ThunderBrowse/3.8
In short, a French court decided that such
bundling was unfair and ordered a refund *and*
court costs paid.
Given this was based on existing Euro laws which
were not apparently aimed at MS, this could be an
interesting and significant turn of events.