SLUG Mailing List Archives
[SLUG] Installing packages in /opt
- To: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: [SLUG] Installing packages in /opt
- From: Peter Chubb <peter.chubb@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2011 10:12:45 +1100
- Organization: National ICT Australia
- User-agent: Wanderlust/2.15.9 (Almost Unreal) SEMI/1.14.6 (Maruoka) FLIM/1.14.9 (Gojō) APEL/10.8 Emacs/23.3 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu) MULE/6.0 (HANACHIRUSATO)
Under Debian, is there a simple way to install from .debs into /opt/package/
instead of /?
dpkg --root (or dpkg --instdir) is not quite what I want, as it
assumes a complete root directory.
(I know I can do dpkg -x and then move things around as I want, but
is there a simpler way?)
I want to do this with non-official .debs from emDebian, to install
toolchains that can be nfs-exported to multiple machines.
Dr Peter Chubb http://www.gelato.unsw.edu.au peterc AT gelato.unsw.edu.au
http://www.ertos.nicta.com.au ERTOS within National ICT Australia