SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] Android for "work"
- To: SLUG <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] Android for "work"
- From: Mark Walkom <markwalkom@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2011 10:22:42 +1100
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id:subject:to :content-type; bh=yyKTnBlq7Mgki9n3USaqNXp/KDIaMS+LYIkghxbIlLQ=; b=YDRq1fS5qsoXvOk4dShuOPVUd5+xXgLX1EDrmfTZqgEC2abTs+9MZx6zpsNPs4+DCg 5gtHTMhnrx2DsONEWYLSnwdiHMMRjSfJOeRkL+uujGXnvjnDuALDtIIi4uhGvOCOL61h 44zkqz2f4ybV5tPhNg8sN62B9cXNSoBidtzxs=
Did you try XFCE or something a little more light weight on the GUI front?
Or even disable all the default fancy stuff.
I am still running 10 and gnome 2.3 and don't have any issues on a laptop
at least 4 years old, looking to upgrade this weekend to 11.something and
On 15 December 2011 10:18, David Lyon <david.lyon.preisshare@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:
> maybe 2 years is really 5 or 6..
> Actually, I just jumped over to learn Puppy Linux. Pretty hardcore
> but everything is quite good. Ubuntu has nice graphical effects but
> I have work to do and willing to lose them in an effort to get some
> stuff done..
> still curious about Android..
> SLUG - Sydney Linux User's Group Mailing List - http://slug.org.au/
> Subscription info and FAQs: http://slug.org.au/faq/mailinglists.html