SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] advice for new laptop...
- To: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] advice for new laptop...
- From: Thomas Davies <t.davies@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2011 10:25:04 +1100
- Organization: Neuroscience Research Australia
- Reply-to: t.davies@xxxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686; rv:8.0) Gecko/20111115 Thunderbird/8.0
If you want to dual-boot rEFIt <http://refit.sourceforge.net/> is a
On 12/10/2011 02:44 PM, Glen Turner wrote:
I found it to be utterly easy: Boot Favourite CD/DVD
Install as usual
With respect James, that has not been my experience with a 2011 MacBook
Pro at all. Distribution DVDs don't even boot, standard boot loaders
don't support Apple's UEFI, the kernel dies. And sure, I've got Fedora
working now. But wasn't something I'd put anyone else through.
Apparently the next Fedora release will work out of the box -- but
that's 12 months since the hardware appeared.