SLUG Mailing List Archives
[SLUG] Slug Meeting August 2011
- To: announce@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: [SLUG] Slug Meeting August 2011
- From: committee@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2011 05:38:31 +0000
====== August 2011 SLUG Meeting ======
* Date: Friday, Aug. 26, 2011, 6 p.m.
* Start: Arrive at 6pm for a 6:30pm start
* Format: Lightning and Lightning-like talks
* RSVP: http://www.slug.org.au/event/26001
* Suggest or sign up for a talk at http://www.slug.org.au/talks
==== Details ====
- James Polley - James Explains
- Tim Ansell - Tim's Tidbits
- Patrick's Picks - Drift Linux - a Linux gaming OS and LMPT Live
- Marghanita Da Cruz - Ebooks and Paperbacks Part 2
Level 5, Workplace 6
48 Pirrama Road
-- Getting there --
The Google office is the big black building marked "Accenture" opposite
Star City Pirrama Road facade.
If using the trains, you can go either get off at;
* Town Hall station, head towards Darling Harbour, walk across the Pyrmont
footbridge and then follow Pirrama Road towards Star city.
* Central station, then follow the light rail instructions.
If using the buses, the route 443 stops right out front of the building.
If using the light rail, get off at Star City station and walk across the
If you drive, then you can look for parking on the suburban streets around
the office (or pay for parking at the Casino), and then walk from there.
=== Afterwards ===
We'll be aiming to finish by 8pm and will be heading to the Pyrmont Bridge
Hotel (PBH) afterwards to socalise and eat dinner. The PBH is marked on the