Re: [SLUG] ssh key-based auth not working Ubuntu without GUI (X) login??

* Amos Shapira <amos.shapira@xxxxxxxxx> [2011-08-23 13:11:47 +1000]:

* James Polley <jamezpolley@xxxxxxxxx> [2011-08-23 14:39:53 +1000]:

> On Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 1:11 PM, Amos Shapira <amos.shapira@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:
> Depending on how much effort you want to put in to work around this, you
> could:
>  - Turn off homedir encryption
>  - Configure sshd to look for authorized_keys in another place
>  - Use Kerberos auth, which doesn't need to read your homedir (nb: not a
> simple solution)

Duh! It's encrypted home directories... Thanks guys!

>  - Use signed SSH keys

I'm not sure how signing my ssh key would help... could you explain a
bit more?

Thanks,

--
Sonia Hamilton