SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] ssh key-based auth not working Ubuntu without GUI (X) login??
- To: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] ssh key-based auth not working Ubuntu without GUI (X) login??
- From: Sonia Hamilton <sonia@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2011 15:09:27 +1000
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha1; c=relaxed/relaxed; d= messagingengine.com; h=date:from:to:subject:message-id :mime-version:content-type:in-reply-to; s=smtpout; bh=oPXhQWn1gw 8MirwnVr/m2m87wWA=; b=ZZvL3uqkpCQZkq494cVmdFlNP5y4/ZP32321hlK/TF XrF3qAZibjc1arPz39/lKPRaNTTJs2zB4psVGC2kbKLp6W3icmR1gAONLTexjQLK KJ4jYf67x8OyZGQSmg3A8NsFZ2LYoIl0xtZvEQ9o1iA/OOrp74+HkLFo7JJpXHYU 8=
- User-agent: Mutt/1.5.21 (2010-09-15)
* Amos Shapira <amos.shapira@xxxxxxxxx> [2011-08-23 13:11:47 +1000]:
> This made me think about another option - do you use encrypted home
* James Polley <jamezpolley@xxxxxxxxx> [2011-08-23 14:39:53 +1000]:
> On Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 1:11 PM, Amos Shapira <amos.shapira@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:
> Depending on how much effort you want to put in to work around this, you
> - Turn off homedir encryption
> - Configure sshd to look for authorized_keys in another place
> - Use Kerberos auth, which doesn't need to read your homedir (nb: not a
> simple solution)
Duh! It's encrypted home directories... Thanks guys!
> - Use signed SSH keys
I'm not sure how signing my ssh key would help... could you explain a