[SLUG] Kernel panic .. attempted to kill init !

Hi, I have had a problem with GRUB disappearing in an
Ubuntu Karmic Koala (/dev/sda1) and Debian squeeze
(/dev/sdb1) dual-boot install.

I managed to install GRUB from Karmic LiveCd to /dev/sda1.
On reboot
I get a GRUB menu, but selecting Karmic I get
resume: libcrypt version 1.4.4 init[1]: segfault at 0 ip
(null) sp bf8912cf error 4 in libc-2.10.1.so [110000+13e000]

kernel panic - not syncing: Attempted to kill init !

On selecting Debian I get something like

Debian error msg:

error: no such device":
e93e427f-215f-4c01-820e-91-b9b58b4eec

Booting Karmic LiveCD, mounting Debian and Karmic
partitions, chrooting, and commenting out the UUID lines in
/usr/lib/grub/grub-mkconfig_lib does not fix it.

What am I missing here ?

Adam Bogacki,

adam.bogacki@xxxxxxxxxxxx