Re: [SLUG] Android: re-reading transient mssg, recursive file search ? gps.conf

Voytek> on my Android phone occasionally I get a 'transient' message
Voytek> pop up over lower display like 'unable to download
Voytek> /file/whatever'

I find them in the Notifications screen (drag down from the top of the
screen, and there are lots of notifications.  Some of them will be
stuff like that)

Voytek> in tethering screen there is a 'help', when I select it, I get
Voytek> a fail with
Voytek> 'file:///android_asset/html/en/tethering_help.html'

Voytek> do these html files live on the device, where do I find them ?

With a file:// URL they should be on the device, in /android_asset --
but that doesn't exist on my phone.

android_assets is usually an environment variable; on my phone it
points to /system/app/

Voytek> aus-specific gps.conf: I have at&t gps.conf like below:

Voytek> is the ntp server (au.pool.ntp.org ?) the only value I should
Voytek> change ?

Voytek> ------ SUPL_HOST=h-slp.mnc410.mcc310.pub.3gppnetwork.org
Voytek> SUPL_PORT=7275 NTP_SERVER=north-america.pool.ntp.org
Voytek> XTRA_SERVER_1=http://xtra1.gpsonextra.net/xtra.bin
Voytek> XTRA_SERVER_2=http://xtra2.gpsonextra.net/xtra.bin
Voytek> XTRA_SERVER_3=http://xtra3.gpsonextra.net/xtra.bin

You may want to change the SUPL host to something nearer too.
supl.google.com works on port 7276.

Peter C