SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] ubuntu 10.4 to 10.10 upgrade nvidia GeForce 8600GT
- To: David <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] ubuntu 10.4 to 10.10 upgrade nvidia GeForce 8600GT
- From: Jon and Hannah Hummel <jnhhummel@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2011 19:00:41 +1000
- Cc: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=from:to:subject:date:user-agent:cc:references:in-reply-to :mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:message-id; bh=EUAwDY2qQYHEh/BXPSv9MIiBF+blfmVg+c0KRG0lxUI=; b=sBDJGaVGCkAULf7eUw+1RTD7xchUZKanoVhDMeJ0jaJnQeHiRMmEMPWd43iLSIZCRV 2byLr5mkVgEdnNRkBFQTepwNz9/WYjzLOWl5qP2dvUJ5ZitV+H4B2r0LnyzZnftEtKyv drUEQOQ1OX11PvLIkoFhnorymHDMWruQQjQnk=
- User-agent: KMail/1.13.6 (Linux/2.6.38-10-generic; KDE/4.6.2; x86_64; ; )
I have the 8800GT, and have had no problems with 10.04, 10.10 and 11.04
Ubuntu. I even have a multiseat working with it under 10.01 and 11.04.
Not sure of the differences.
On Tuesday 09 August 2011 11:16:57 David wrote:
> I need to upgrade to 10.10 to get the latest version of a particular
> 10.10 release notes talk about problems with GeForce 8600GT drivers (and
> several other nVidia drivers).
> Has anybody done this successfully? Google seems to suggest very mixed
> results. I don't want to find myself unable to use my desktop for
> critical work.
> I've been looking at this:
> and this:
> but I can't see anything that inspires confidence.