Re: [SLUG] usb boot only sees usb, not hd

On Fri, July 22, 2011 1:20 pm, DaZZa wrote:
> On 22 July 2011 12:14, Voytek Eymont <lists@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Load the right modules? Are scsi_mod, ide_disk & ide_core loaded? Can
> you load them if they're not?
>
> What does lsmod show you? lspci? Does the device (/dev/sdb) file even
> exist? Does it have the correct major/minor parameters (should be something
> like 8,16)?

DaZZa, thanks

I'll try later with a more featured Linux boot system rather than the bare
bones one I was booting from, I can't find the network i/f either, so I'm
stand alone, and, output from lsmod/lspci is quite a few lines

what's a good usb-runnable live distro I should try ?

--
Voytek