Re: [SLUG] How do I add a file (zip) to a package without compressing it

DaZZa> 2011/7/28 Marghanita da Cruz <marghanita@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>> I looked at tar but couldn't figure out the option not to compress
>> there either. Does Tar compress or not compress by default?

DaZZa> So you could do something like this <from memory, not checked,
DaZZa> YMMV, if it don't work don't blame me, MAN is your friend etc
DaZZa> etc>

DaZZa> tar -czf archive.tgz <source1> <source2>
DaZZa> tar -Af archive.tgz  <source3>

DaZZa> This'd add the first two files compressed, and the third
DaZZa> uncompressed.  The zip -0 method is easier. :-)

I'm pretty sure that won't work, because a gxipped tarball is not
recognisably a tarball from tar's perspective.

	     tar czf z.tgx ...
is exactly the same as
   	     tar cf - ... | gzip > z.tgz

Peter C