SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] How do I add a file (zip) to a package without compressing it
- To: marghanita@xxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] How do I add a file (zip) to a package without compressing it
- From: peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 11:51:15 +1000
- Cc: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: Wanderlust/2.15.9 (Almost Unreal) SEMI/1.14.6 (Maruoka) FLIM/1.14.9 (Gojō) APEL/10.8 Emacs/23.3 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu) MULE/6.0 (HANACHIRUSATO)
>>>>> "Marghanita" == Marghanita da Cruz <marghanita@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
Marghanita> peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote: <snip>
>> zip -0 file.epub mimetype
>> -0 says don't compress. It's a zero, not an `oh'.
Marghanita> Thanks - looks like the command I was looking for.
Marghanita> Chris Donovan wrote:
>> I would use tar then. It might be possible with zip (seems
>> unlikely though), but tar sounds like what you're looking for.
Marghanita> I looked at tar but couldn't figure out the option not to
Marghanita> compress there either. Does Tar compress or not compress
Marghanita> by default?
Tar does no compression. The Gnu version of tar can optionally filter
the entire archive through gzip or bzip.