Re: [SLUG] How do I add a file (zip) to a package without compressing it

Marghanita> peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote: <snip>
>> zip -0 file.epub mimetype
>>
>> -0 says don't compress.  It's a zero, not an `oh'.

Marghanita> <snip>

Marghanita> Thanks - looks like the command I was looking for.

Marghanita> Chris Donovan wrote:
>> I would use tar then.  It might be possible with zip (seems
>> unlikely though), but tar sounds like what you're looking for.

Marghanita> I looked at tar but couldn't figure out the option not to
Marghanita> compress there either. Does Tar compress or not compress
Marghanita> by default?

Tar does no compression.  The Gnu version of tar can optionally filter
the entire archive through gzip or bzip.

Peter C