Re: [SLUG] Skipping/Mapping bad blocks

+1 for ddrescue
works well.

On 07/23/2011 07:15 AM, Amos Shapira wrote:
You should use ddrescue (I use the gnu ddrescue) which will skip bad blocks.
On Jul 22, 2011 10:14 PM, "Simon Males"<sime@xxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
Hi Slug,

I'm trying to save a failing NTFS hard drive. It manages to mount and
during copying the following error will appear in dmesg:

Buffer I/O error on device sdc3, logical block 786433

I don't mind corrupting some files. Can I instruct badblocks to add
the failings blocks to the bad block register (I'm assuming that's how
badblocks/hard drives work).

Thus whilst copying, I will not get any block errors.

--
Simon Males