Re: [SLUG] resolv.conf reset each reboot - static config - ubuntu server 10.04

Zenaan Harkness wrote:

> > There is a network configuration file in RHEL or Fedora.
> > /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0(for e.g.)
>
> This is an ubuntu 10.04 server (as mentioned) and I can't find the
> file you are referring to.

The file /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 is redhat
specific (possibly also suse).

> > I believe you can specify a nameserver in interfaces in 10.04
> > check out man resolvconf
>
> Pretty sure I've done that already. I assume you're referring to
> /etc/network/interfaces

If you have defined your interface as static, why have you got
resolvconf installed? Remove it (ie purge it), then make sure
/etc/resolv.conf is not a symlink and then edit that file to
your liking. Or better yet, defined them in /etc/network/interfaces.

Erik
Erik de Castro Lopo
http://www.mega-nerd.com/