Re: [SLUG] clone non-LVM system onto new LVM drive

Thanks for the cpio hint.

Next, how do I persuade the new partition to boot? Do I have to do some magic with grub? If so, what? Do I cpio the old /boot onto the new, non-LVM boot partition? or can I use /boot within the new LV?

Everything I read says to put /boot into a non-lvm partition. Does grub-install from a live CD give me the opportunity to spell out the right parameters?

I don't want to simply experiment in case I do bad things.
I have no experience with LVM until now.
you may well need to build a new initrd as well
dunno for sure but there is magic involving chrooting into your new lvm instance and doing stuff.