SLUG Mailing List Archives
[SLUG] Re: Email Client
- To: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: [SLUG] Re: Email Client
- From: Richard Ibbotson <richard.ibbotson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 11:04:18 +0100
- Organization: Mostly Disorganised
- Reply-to: richard.ibbotson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: KMail/1.13.6 (Linux/2.6.38-8-generic; KDE/4.6.2; x86_64; ; )
On Monday 13 June 2011 09:57:38 Jam wrote:
> IMHO thunderbird is completely unusable ...
> Try to reply to an issue (eg this one) when you get digest mail and
> you will get a deep and clear understanding of stress.
> kmail is pretty nice but has some show stoppers eg nepomuk
> (some utterley grotestque trash that holds your disk at 100% for
Switched off muk years ago. The Debian KDE list and other lists were
compaining about muk for a while. Along with Microsoft. Back in the
days of winduhs I used to use Pegasus Mail but when the Linux desktop
came along I switched to Kmail. I've been fine with it since.
Of course, if you are a real/proper Linux advocate you will use Mutt
;) <hides under the table>. I use Alpine as a stand in if I can.