SLUG Mailing List Archives
[SLUG] Boot issues with Ubuntu
- To: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: [SLUG] Boot issues with Ubuntu
- From: John Nielsen <bammebaby@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2011 00:05:33 +1100
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:reply-to:from:date:message-id :subject:to:content-type; bh=15I9RNmllSI3wegiRjHFjIC+/PfXxmpBaUkKB4Q6TWY=; b=vQM/q2Te5xpNW4zMf7mjvXst1MM6hre++J+GSLTZu93JVPB9Xb7u/+/lQoBWoAuNzL corItHxhTonYHW+Riazq0PwxfHODet5sQLgjdcJdIVWSVNyXT3vV2Jo9v13/1HTQoIjS CiDq9bgyjr7XHPXHHXOwW4e1ZQnQZN1uj+eHg=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:reply-to:from:date:message-id:subject:to:content-type; b=HqEp9LGhfgt0Pe4ClWUjWILGgxlVJtGr2U4rc+xc0IvjG7Dfvhcl/BVXM24PP1MkGp o4OmYbAUFQshBDSYvE8gT9Jb7yosoIOoJjrUV1JvLfFmFn5H2G5Wg8Gfn6EjtzjUY9d7 xMV9ZeJxLc9nZ23HVVQOC0UY/Clcg2fXTiezw=
- Reply-to: bammebaby@xxxxxxxxx
Good to see so many faces at the meeting tonight I am running Karmic Koala
and I went to boot up tonight after the meeting and it
s coming up to the GNU GRUB Menu with a choice of Ubuntu's to boot into and
when I boot into any of the non recovery ones it goes to the splash screen
Suggestions on how to get it to boot please
Yours in Wellness
Johannes Nielsen CEO
Wellness Marketing and Event Management
ABN 32 710 132 20
+ 61 (0) 449 065 729 (Vodafone Cell Phone)
Excellence in Service Provision
On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 22:44, david <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> one of my servers has developed a habit of dying (3rd time in 3 weeks). I'm
> guessing hardware - memory?? something else?? This box has been running for
> a couple of years.
> Symptoms are different each time, and each time there is nothing obvious in
> the log, but this was a photo of the death screen last time:
> The previous freeze had the screen rolling too fast to read, so I assume
> some sort of loop??
> I didn't record the problem the first time it happened, but I recall it was
> a static screen with error messages.
> Each time the server dies the last log message before restart is a DHCP
> request, which may mean nothing at all. I'm using Ubuntu 8.04 (in the
> process of upgrading but it hasn't happened yet).
> Hard reboot gets it up again.
> SLUG - Sydney Linux User's Group Mailing List - http://slug.org.au/
> Subscription info and FAQs: http://slug.org.au/faq/mailinglists.html