SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] Server licences
- To: Jim Donovan <jimd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] Server licences
- From: miloska <miloska@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 10:02:11 +1100
- Cc: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date :message-id:subject:from:to:cc:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=NpFuM3Dg2LmA8wFmaOXdQ3a777XFz34YMm/Xbr6Rmp4=; b=DUQoqeUfezVoy0BZMs5RcgpWUoORCNWXbE/PkQ5xFnFKMI1sCOx7bvZMen9Knw4fQl 5Ca3tCweyEGelddRyIWnAlsZ37YLxnok0yW9n9HrnhXUtQCEOfezwlZMeGVS9mpkeFLg JwGx3xNmbbl2KEb4gH/P7CM3SQ4J11mWS9BDg=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :cc:content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=PoiVZEr5aEFyQBGPRsBmtWDVulTnzNA3/UXMk2vCnc2HCFXdAHU7+7Aj37RylUu8Em HVXnjjHiSzzwL1efOv+P0LjqvLPtuGgHAOYbEPyIqW0Tlew3w0Qy/cGnLU2Yy2FfPrsj eQkdWfxC/Vs8AJvWRapX47oVQ16ZyuwLxzRCY=
I think Dell sells RedHat licenses, RH probably needs extra licenses
for VMs or terminal server mode.
On 22 February 2011 09:50, Jim Donovan <jimd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> A client who needs a server on which to run a Linux system. She reports that both Dell and HP in their quotes for supplying a suitable box insist that "licences are required before the server can be connected to another computer". Apparently different licences are needed for terminal servers, whatever that may be, and virtualisation servers.
> Can anyone explain what these licences are about, please?
> Jim Donovan
> SLUG - Sydney Linux User's Group Mailing List - http://slug.org.au/
> Subscription info and FAQs: http://slug.org.au/faq/mailinglists.html