SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] Finding modules..
- To: Peter Hardy <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] Finding modules..
- From: DaZZa <dagibbs@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2011 13:12:50 +1100
- Cc: SLUG <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date :message-id:subject:from:to:cc:content-type; bh=ArPD2cTN8mM5oeJCJnfzffkvrs5+R3+OzdRrkbliops=; b=HGJNYk4ATEsT0B9NGES8YGXeR3yokxseUGNvygunWilCEK1TqDbg9LVqaK1uc1bafG TCNtf+PKZ4auf/c9n488B0d532qF5voy27zKhMZ9jcHyd8xgVnlKNMjuH6oOKjuVaCpF zshsII0gkWf9B+WIy0tw/zvywksmXGaZLiuE4=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :cc:content-type; b=csc5l5ZnxuFXaWw2x52dFDBa5Ubw7Vhxe+8BXQyDrQqSlS8bREf2ijil65UAHk2+AS H8jF+gTplFyBZzhUnzAq0Kk9K33vdZS7GNuCGN6PCa3UMBZskRww61TzvJn6NyFNydsa u8xm7e7H/Z9mcoeFa2bgQeohjykYlS/NX802Y=
On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 11:57 AM, Peter Hardy
> And in case this hasn't been answered enough, yet, the kernel module
> itself should log the interfaces it's handling when it loads. That will
> turn up in the kernel logs (RH places kernel logs from the last boot
> in /var/log/dmesg , or it'll be in /var/log/messages , or just run
> `dmesg`); just grep for eth0.
Bloody Microsoft can't do anything the easy way. :-)
I found a "Howto" for centOS ahd RHEL, but it was ugly - install
integration utilities, install kernel modules, recompile kernel - gave
it up as a bad joke.
I managed to work around it by telling HyperV to present a "legacy"
network interface - which SuSE recognises as a Tulip card - good
enough for the purpose.
Thanks to those who made suggestions.