SLUG Mailing List Archives
[SLUG] Federal Gov Open Source Policy
- To: slug <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [SLUG] Federal Gov Open Source Policy
- From: Marghanita da Cruz <marghanita@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2011 07:57:38 +1100
- Organization: Ramin Communications
- Reply-to: marghanita@xxxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: Thunderbird 22.214.171.124 (X11/20090817)
This looks like a step forward:
The policy includes three principles as well as some draft text for government departments and agencies to include in future RFT documentation:
* Principle 1: Australian Government ICT procurement processes must actively and fairly consider all types of available software.
* Principle 2: Suppliers must consider all types of available software when dealing with Australian Government agencies.
* Principle 3: Australian Government agencies will actively participate in open source software communities and contribute back where appropriate.
Policy available in HTML at
Marghanita da Cruz