SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] Long lines in /var/log/httpd/access_log
- To: Rick Welykochy <rick@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] Long lines in /var/log/httpd/access_log
- From: Matthew Hannigan <mlh@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2010 11:33:13 +1100
- Cc: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx, Jim Donovan <jimd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- User-agent: Mutt/1.5.21 (2010-09-15)
On Fri, Oct 29, 2010 at 06:25:34AM +1000, Rick Welykochy wrote:
> Jim Donovan wrote:
> >GET /documents/url(data:image
> At a glance, this is a request for a data: URI
> There are exploits involving this rarely used URI scheme.
> Do you recognise the requesting IP address?
Jim, the ip belongs to Bell Canada -- their ISP business I guess.