Re: [SLUG] On buying a laptop.

On Thu, 2010-10-14 at 17:42 +1100, Tony "H.G" Candito wrote:
> OK, so now that we've learn't what isn't safe. What is?

I've had ASUS laptops the last few goes. They've been surprisingly
tolerable. The one I've got now is a "UL20A". I'm rather pleased with
it. Low voltage chip and Intel graphics. Yeay.

The bigger learning was discovering that some bright sparks have set up
mailing lists for laptop families running (in this case) Canonical's
Ubuntu Linux. Mine is:

There appear to be similar "teams" for other laptop families, so in
aggregate, these might be a good source of information as to current
laptop support across the spectrum.

Andrew Frederick Cowie

Operational Dynamics is an operations and engineering consultancy
focusing on IT strategy, organizational architecture, systems
review, and effective procedures for change management: enabling
successful deployment of mission critical information technology in
enterprises, worldwide.

Sydney   New York   Toronto   London