Re: [SLUG] Netbook, Touchpad and mobile phone - all in one. Quite interesting

On Saturday 18 September 2010 21:48:43 elliott-brennan wrote:
> https://www.alwaysinnovating.com/products/smartbook.htm

Are you sure about the phone bit? The web site refers to VOIP a lot, but the
specs do not seem to include any cellular network capability. If it does not
have that built in you would either be stuck with bluetooth (slow) or would
need a USB device for that.

The other drawback is that the resolution of the handheld part of the device
is a little low at 480x320. Compare, the Nokia N900, N810, N800 and N770 which
have 800x480, and the iPhone 4 with 960x640.

The requirement to remove the back cover, exposing circuitry, to insert the
handheld device into the tablet display is a cause for concern as to
practicality - you don't want to be making that transfer on the train.

Other than that, the concept is certainly interesting. I like the idea that
the tablet and the handheld can be the same device.
--

Regards,
Troy Rollo

Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards
Legislation

This message and any attachments are confidential to Parry Carroll. If you
have received it my mistake, please let us know by reply and then delete it
from your system. You must not copy the message, alter it or disclose its
contents to anyone. Thank you.