SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] Accounting and business software
- To: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] Accounting and business software
- From: Jon Jermey <jonjermey@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 09:01:17 +1000
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from :user-agent:mime-version:to:subject:references:in-reply-to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; bh=JKMTqWeL5uK7f9nOAbwHWCqEEYJ4ZMop03U8KhUla98=; b=a5n2wxVZdxTpOAMBlGq0TQ2RthdzD4TIhCFPdEk0T+fWMEL6JtO9mNvol8YPXn9dpF N4HgnNHd00JLJ1IEpUsPT0KpY0PnMnyfEkTkR0zBMOa+GATDafdHI7cRMr8aEFjpp62F Rvi+s3ihtjAFVZZ76vFLPOpvEq4dUNI8qvH+I=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:date:from:user-agent:mime-version:to:subject:references :in-reply-to:content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=adkvFKtJ9RFOFUla+f+H5M2FmQ+K7hXeohVcrJywWziLFNOAML6rpGD57Jan888/CV C2bU88BevNtBIXdzOJfBlki5m+cFs9lSy3EdH39PHmME4kKhTZWwFeWl8/4NGs33mujc SN7y0YKIgwGgUGwFMOXiet9sc8b2mM95wD+EA=
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux x86_64; en-US; rv:184.108.40.206) Gecko/20100713 Thunderbird/3.0.6
For general accounting I use WXBanker. I've also used KMyMoney and
Grisbi, which are both OK, but WXBanker is a bit simpler.
You will also probably need an invoicing package, and as far as I can
tell there are no good simple user-friendly invoicing packages for Linux
yet. (If anyone knows of one please tell me.)
I have trialled several packages including one with an SQL database and
a PHP interface via a web page, but it was very cumbersome and
non-portable. I now use an old shareware package from Windows called
Instant Invoice. Unfortunately it is no longer available in that form,
but you can buy their combined invoice and cashbook package from
A free 30-day trial is available.
I had some troubles with Instant Invoice in earlier versions but under
Wine with Ubuntu 10.4/Mint 9 it's been bulletproof.
On 19/09/10 23:59, elliott-brennan wrote:
I'm looking for some recommendations in relation
to accounts and client management software.
My wife is a Clin Psych.
She'd like to keep track of her money (obviously
:)) and to be able to work out who has paid and
who owes money, as well as the monies she has paid
to others, print out accounts to be paid (by
others to her) and so on. The sort of small
business stuff people usually have to do.
Can anyone recommend software they think would fit
We're presently running Kubuntu 9.10 (and better :))