SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] Attempting to connect to 'net through wife's Blackberry on 3 network
- To: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] Attempting to connect to 'net through wife's Blackberry on 3 network
- From: Jeremy Visser <jeremy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2010 23:02:17 +1000
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:sender:subject:from:to :in-reply-to:references:content-type:date:message-id:mime-version :x-mailer; bh=XjHrSjeNjU8OjVpMpGQ6/O44B3GqcDjIn1z2DvinmP4=; b=VYXKdjco+9BEhd86S3vTcP/UhrtIV9rfQ/rGSPq30BD6/2cKLv/tGgXQnCI1z1opJ5 PUeMjCC6hX7bsLle2aUBmD6WskMw3nqcb5CJzLRYUBJ1KHqRtMnuQMjplp+MAU/mclhy sTKG7Zhu6i9HHP5J28hUwKxoMaZ2/IKvm0KUk=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=sender:subject:from:to:in-reply-to:references:content-type:date :message-id:mime-version:x-mailer; b=cfs0mVdGhRMPQdZgO2PB6LI0Tve+LHGbzXfztybyMlSaa95RonkkFw+sIr58gptpqN khWbMVPbfQsvD5R4XOVMunXMyP/JNPD2mwkmtblYZL8fiL7vpz/kiReyhC/x1i74QYPx noxHb6OduhRTAXHAlrWAKcmzjiBEisxVumftw=
On Sat, 2010-09-11 at 22:06 +1000, elliott-brennan wrote:
> The missus has a Blackberry Bold (about 10 months
> old) with a big data allowance.
> I'm trying to tether the bugger and have tried a
> number of approaches:
Have you tried seeing if it appears in the network-manager menu? A few
mobile phones and 3G dongles I've plugged into my computer cause a "New
Mobile Broadband Connection" menu item to appear in the network-manager
menu. Does that appear for you?
To be honest, I've never configured a tethered 3G connection manually
because it works so well with network-manager. Heck, it even supports
Bluetooth tethering if your mobile does.
Also, what does "tail -fn 0 /var/log/syslog" spit out as you attach your
Description: This is a digitally signed message part