Re: [SLUG] Re: [SLUG-ANNOUNCE] Re: SLUG monthly meeting: 27 August 2010

Nigel Allen wrote:
 On 25/08/2010 13:29, dave b wrote:
On 24 August 2010 21:18, James Polley <president@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The good news is that this month's SLUG meet is only three sleeps away
- and if we're especially lucky, we might even have national a
government by then!

The bad news is that we already have a main talk (Repositories,
Package Management & Package Creation — by Samuel Marks) and only four
lightning talk slots left, so you'll need to get in quick if you want
to take one of the remaining slots!
James while your concept of 'time' is fun, you should try to get it
consistent with the rest of our 'time'.
3 sleeps ... um.
Lets list them out:
1. Wednesday(today!) (sleep)
2. Thursday(tomorrow) (sleep)
3. Friday(day after ...) (sleep)
so that means the next slug is on Saturday!
According to my 10 year old, you don't count the day you're in (because
that's just "tonight"), so given the announcement on the 24th (which you
don't count), followed by the sleeps of the 25th night and 26th night
and then the meeting - it was in fact only two sleeps.

Logical n'est ce pas?

<snip>

If SLUGgers wanted to organise a sleep over,
there is a fabulous camp ground at Cockatoo Island
(Note I am not volunteering to organise).
<http://www.cockatooisland.gov.au/camping/index.html>

Marghanita
--
Marghanita da Cruz