SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] how to find an alternative superblock
- To: SLUG general <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] how to find an alternative superblock
- From: Chris Donovan <alienresidents@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 12:19:43 +1000
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:received:in-reply-to :references:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=Yw0AQrELRn57KfMojSTI5HDzvA3c+w6r7/aNS4HfhzU=; b=NPiAqW6eWyI+71glpLzQzXgPcSyZpbCwEKD0c0VBwhreyTsEro7gKcaAYtgdaLqIpt JR9hUcJkyMdPRT+SdQfXOTK0fGw1DHDV12hv3jHNtqeblSRYO0QQsmTbcYRA1ago6Hyg vHENI9WDQ4bwuXafmcqIwp+qQiIOUFFyvUIgQ=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=kB27dtxOKG6C4/Vb7DdgpSAygsBy8nmPT6rjYPsn3mFK6+qA2I2J8btyy903x6LxCm 8Jun9lKbxi8gvLlNnqN4JAmxL7v5aM1ENQr5I4BHuWsXki8VaihBFRg6+3I/wFDxJ0tP WVBisHg7IkU9H5IVd2ZJdMSeRpSDJ2ts/a3VY=
On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 12:04 PM, Ben Donohue <donohueb@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Removed using the VMware Infracture Client GUI front end. Using ESXi but
> this should be no difference.
ESXi doesn't include the vmware CLI tools, but you can install them on
the unsupported COS.
> Don't see what the difference would be using the command line however I'll
> try the command line next time.
> Also probably remove snapshots one by one.
Not sure if there is a difference either, and to my knowledge with
"vmware-cmd ... removesnapshots", it removes _all_ snapshots, and not
just a single one.
> If using the command line, does the guest need rebooting?
I've never had to reboot, but that doesn't mean much I suppose.