SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] Re: A distro which recognises Wi-fi on Asus eee 1005p?
- To: richard.ibbotson@xxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] Re: A distro which recognises Wi-fi on Asus eee 1005p?
- From: Marghanita da Cruz <marghanita@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2010 09:12:03 +1000
- Cc: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Organization: Ramin Communications
- Reply-to: marghanita@xxxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: Thunderbird 220.127.116.11 (X11/20090817)
Richard Ibbotson wrote:
On Wednesday 04 August 2010 22:57:20 Jon Jermey wrote:
I'm trying to get Linux running from an SD card boot on an Asus eee
1005p but every distro I have tried so far fails to recognise the
Wi-Fi (Atheros). Wired connections are working. Does anyone know
of a distro which recognises wireless out of the box on this
specific model or, failing that, a reliable set of instructions to
get one working?
My 1005HA works fine on Ubuntu 10.04. Might be that the drivers for
your hardware aren't out there yet.
Have you tried the ASUS international site?
ASUS was the first to distribute a laptop pre-loaded with
Linux. They subsequently decided not to distribute Linux
versions in Australia.
By the way, I have also heard that the native moded for
Lenova laptops distributed to schools is also Linux.
Marghanita da Cruz