SLUG Mailing List Archives
[SLUG] Re: A distro which recognises Wi-fi on Asus eee 1005p?
- To: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: [SLUG] Re: A distro which recognises Wi-fi on Asus eee 1005p?
- From: Richard Ibbotson <richard.ibbotson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2010 23:00:13 +0100
- Organization: Mostly Disorganised
- Reply-to: richard.ibbotson@xxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: KMail/1.13.5 (Linux/2.6.32-24-generic; KDE/4.4.5; x86_64; ; )
On Wednesday 04 August 2010 22:57:20 Jon Jermey wrote:
> I'm trying to get Linux running from an SD card boot on an Asus eee
> 1005p but every distro I have tried so far fails to recognise the
> Wi-Fi (Atheros). Wired connections are working. Does anyone know
> of a distro which recognises wireless out of the box on this
> specific model or, failing that, a reliable set of instructions to
> get one working?
My 1005HA works fine on Ubuntu 10.04. Might be that the drivers for
your hardware aren't out there yet.