SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] Reply-to address on SLUG posts
- To: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] Reply-to address on SLUG posts
- From: Michael Chesterton <chesty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 15:39:56 +1000
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:sender:content-type :mime-version:subject:from:in-reply-to:date :content-transfer-encoding:message-id:references:to:x-mailer; bh=/U+NLc53YUCVV/aGbFeF1b6p0HLfU8W2xglE55tFhjA=; b=MfhXa7hx1Y47Ffo45WcMXljcb5fsjN0vgCXnGW3qRLe+pW0nywod+ZXux/GbkDz8fk zDq2Te3Auf3B8atg0EJEEln7ejhlMNxgTLLCVg/4XpY7syTOr5S9baesAqxIjQ6VZXtn L14frtZvsfEUo6Xge6mp+4QWDQ+lHI0SHb8ys=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=sender:content-type:mime-version:subject:from:in-reply-to:date :content-transfer-encoding:message-id:references:to:x-mailer; b=aLn+ZjuTmcjvQWpL94NiYf7hb9RKfoqsrlTviXDL/4ovlKvNefDreuRnYDxVk3WZq9 ExjezJuv6cepyjG1EOk82To+1N5e25S1WcwtAeS9JxGx0YHwckRGmavREfAl9r1agEcy zNtrPCfxkwgAA8VfEH9AzPGiiKSdZOtlapFK4=
On 27/07/2010, at 3:13 PM, Erik de Castro Lopo wrote:
> I do this filtering using procmail triggered by the List-Id.
I hear you. I think it's possible, though, to filter direct mails
into the list folder. Obviously not with the List-Id, but some
other method (like your +slug address, for one example).
You might end up with duplicate emails in the list folder,
but they won't hit your inbox.
> The thing that appals me most, is that if reply-to munging was used
> this wouldn't be a constant problem.
You set the reply-to and still got a direct mail.
> Instead, there would be the
> ocassional problem of a mail sent to the list when it was meant as
> a private response. Yes, i have read the repy-to-munging-is-evil
> thing but I choose to disagree.
And if Mail-Followup-To was used by everyone...