Re: [SLUG] Reply-to address on SLUG posts

On 27/07/2010, at 3:13 PM, Erik de Castro Lopo wrote:

> I do this filtering using procmail triggered by the List-Id.

I hear you. I think it's possible, though, to filter direct mails
into the list folder. Obviously not with the List-Id, but some
other method (like your +slug address, for one example).
You might end up with duplicate emails in the list folder,
but they won't hit your inbox.

> The thing that appals me most, is that if reply-to munging was used
> this wouldn't be a constant problem.

You set the reply-to and still got a direct mail.

> Instead, there would be the
> ocassional problem of a mail sent to the list when it was meant as
> a private response. Yes, i have read the repy-to-munging-is-evil
> thing but I choose to disagree.

And if Mail-Followup-To was used by everyone...

--

http://chesterton.id.au/blog/
http://barrang.com.au/linux/