SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] today's scary thought
- To: SLUG <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] today's scary thought
- From: Lindsay Holmwood <lindsay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 08:58:52 +1000
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:mime-version:sender:received :in-reply-to:references:from:date:x-google-sender-auth:message-id :subject:to:content-type:content-transfer-encoding; bh=70oFCtqFucRwnl6T7ugCNskCdHR/ILDQwQdVCP12lKY=; b=jPVWzZSFV24Uw/V6iMnuThZWGMDaM3VF/6AUqgSw0oD+8cVUlAmHjYofdh314q79Ap Fbo7zebSGDD7TfE2qF4bN1IWwaHI9KFzcNI0f0t2ZFy2uuERZQ922L3TRAfEzAS5iuU2 Tf9NbcrWrpShpJT9VBeWrhheSVTx6WlgN7cV0=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:sender:in-reply-to:references:from:date :x-google-sender-auth:message-id:subject:to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; b=YZw3OG/EqVHw5uvCgknT3GOCh2X1ADZajsdol9midXUmldFCz8ltVgSRd3v+fzgXQz MoQ2Dmgu4uPMcHE/cdzDvVewqRvks9CfN0gJjVumhmqqSRZfNLaj86R2+dGTBTaAUEGD LWOTYs/hTGPjGICj9RWlxCNQCbifj4Od14DGs=
On 15 July 2010 02:10, Jamie Wilkinson <jaq@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The equivalent on MacOS is Time Machine, as I understand it (which is not
> very much as I don't understand Macs at all), but I'm not aware of any Linux
> application that does this either. I like Peter's idea of using inotify
> though, you could whip up a 10 liner with the python language bindings to
> record all file accesses in under an hour.
Dirvish is vaguely equivalent to Time Machine.