SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] Perl Regular expression help
- To: Peter Rundle <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] Perl Regular expression help
- From: Nick Andrew <nick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 18:06:14 +1000
- Cc: slug <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- User-agent: Mutt/1.5.18 (2008-05-17)
On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 01:27:13PM +1000, Peter Rundle wrote:
> I don't really understand how the [^&] followed by the * works but it does.
"any character which is not an ampersand" repeated zero or more times.
So it matches
Where the stuff inside () is what's being matched. The matched part stops
at the first & or the end of the string. It's greedy so it matches as long
a string as possible.