SLUG Mailing List Archives
[SLUG] Re: WordPress, PHP ... Re: Ubuntu 10.04
- To: Michael Chesterton <chesty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [SLUG] Re: WordPress, PHP ... Re: Ubuntu 10.04
- From: Richard Ibbotson <richard.ibbotson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 22:39:16 +0100
- Cc: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Organization: Mostly Disorganised
- Reply-to: richard.ibbotson@xxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: KMail/1.13.3 (Linux/2.6.32-22-generic; KDE/4.4.4; x86_64; ; )
On Tuesday 29 June 2010 22:31:03 Michael Chesterton wrote:
> Both google and yahoo have firefox plugins that might help diagnose
> the problem. One is called yslow (I think that's yahoo's) and
> googles is speed test toolbar or something obscure like that.
> Does the page wait for a few seconds on a blank screen and then
> download quickly, or does it start downloading straight away but
Kind of a bit of both. I can hear the box grinding trying to deliver
a web page and then for about 5 or 15 seconds something is happening.
Doesn't matter where I download the page from or which operating
system I use to view the site. Same result. There is 1Gb of RAM in
the box which should be enough for a machine that delivers about two
web pages a week.
Kind of wait for seconds and then download slowly. Annoying problem.