Re: [SLUG] Re: WordPress, PHP ... Re: Ubuntu 10.04

On 30/06/2010, at 6:54 AM, Richard Ibbotson wrote:

> Now I just have to work out why it is that web pages are so slow to
> download from this box.  Not sure what that's about.  DNS configuration
> seems to be okay and there is 2 Megabits of bandwidth on my home line.
> Shouldn't be any problems.

Both google and yahoo have firefox plugins that might help diagnose the
problem. One is called yslow (I think that's yahoo's) and googles is speed
test toolbar or something obscure like that.

Does the page wait for a few seconds on a blank screen and then download
quickly, or does it start downloading straight away but slowly?

--

http://chesterton.id.au/blog/
http://barrang.com.au/linux/