SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] Telstra USB wireless internet
- To: Mark Walkom <markwalkom@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] Telstra USB wireless internet
- From: Andrew Hendrik Bootsma <andrew@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 04 Jun 2010 09:49:50 +1000
- Cc: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; en-US; rv:18.104.22.168) Gecko/20100317 Lightning/1.0b1 Thunderbird/3.0.4
I used to use modeswitching,
"http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1147685" however this failed
I have however, had to connect to the Telstra USB and disable the
Virtual cdrom drive now, and it works almost flawlessly.
On 4/06/10 9:36 AM, Mark Walkom wrote:
Got it working on Karmic no major problems.
Apparently it's even easier on Lucid, just plug and play.
On 4 June 2010 09:33, Ben Donohue<donohueb@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'm fixing a pc for someone.
Their MS windows got horribly virus infected after being on the internet
for a short while with their new Telstra USB wireless stick.
I'm thinking of loading some Linux distro but if the Telstra USB wireless
has no drivers etc. then there is no point really and they will want
internet back so that would mean windows again.
Before I go loading Linux, anyone have any experience with a Telstra USB
wireless dongle... no cable or adsl... it's just a USB stick... working with
SLUG - Sydney Linux User's Group Mailing List - http://slug.org.au/
Subscription info and FAQs: http://slug.org.au/faq/mailinglists.html