[SLUG] Printer problem ubuntu/kubuntu 9.X and 10.x

I have an old Canon BJ230 ( which takes A3 paper, hence the reason for
keeping it) that works fine under Ubuntu/Kubuntu 8.x.

It is a parallel Serial port printer that I have connected to my PC by
way of a serial-to-usb converter as the PC doesnt have a serial port.

No setup problems with Ubuntu/Kubuntu 8.x versions, but none of the
newer Ubuntu/Kubuntu versions 9.x or 100.x even see it.

Ideas/suggestions please, other than getting a Serial Port card.

Cant find anything by Googling or checking Forums.

Thanks in advance

Bill
--
  j blrown