Re: [SLUG] WordPress & sessions [Was: WordPress, PHP]

On Sun, May 9, 2010 at 9:30 AM, Amos Shapira <amos.shapira@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 8 May 2010 15:48, Jeff Waugh <jdub@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> <quote who="justin randell">
>> > was it a desire to use a non-file based store and an aversion to using
>> > custom session handlers? was it a desire to control the strength of the
>> > cookie hash?
>
> Without getting into WordPress or the session storage options it
> provides - In principle I'd prefer none-file-based permanent session
> store simply to allow multiple front server to share the load of
> serving any session from any server.
>
> This usually leads to client-server style databases or things like
> memcachedb in redundant configuration.

This is the exact problem I came across recently when developing a
Wordpress extension. Coming from Drupal land I thought sessions would
be stored in the DB out of the box. But alas there is more code to
write... though I haven't looked if an appropriate plugin exists.

--
Simon Males