SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] Mythbuntu upgrade from 8.04 to 10.04
- To: Jake Anderson <yahoo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] Mythbuntu upgrade from 8.04 to 10.04
- From: Mike Andy <beatbreaker82@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 9 May 2010 18:33:34 +1000
- Cc: SLUG <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:received:in-reply-to :references:date:message-id:subject:from:to:cc:content-type; bh=km3DiotkWnQungR1xYWJwYLp8/ymNHqgHo5I+ucomcs=; b=gtKi8+pH2AesH2EcE/nUpxLSwn8S5XW2bg8tJRTk+cU2MA7g8odIGD1BFo3ohNcTn0 63vTU4/eMTB7Q2olgJC4eYcJpjSYP+gmMwgsBlpNnl8ROJa7k72wk7j3lXa5K1S/x9sy 2Y6/ZoVudjVGoIaNkeGA9daV/O1UoWupoZEm8=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :cc:content-type; b=Whpge9w9fshEpUI0auLeigGEmPJEuLUb+KXMYkfTngyqdWFk7zwsD04EDFGGa8YPOi fbNjoamg+JDABDaIBS7gzj5Hz/WeJWoPq86qW8+23hXocTu4l4YlO19kO9iiRGdWUhaG RijvY3rkFiISOH5LFyL+lzQcziegSQ7zXZv9s=
Thanks for the info Jake. I'm a member of the official myth-users
mailing list too and have seen lots of people go though successful
upgrades on there. I'll remember that about flash-plugin but I also
think I might be doing a full backend distro change over to CentOS
once they're up to RHEL6, but my frontends will defiantly be moving up
to Mythbuntu 10.04 at that time. Any cool new features on mythtv 0.23?
On Thu, May 6, 2010 at 9:53 AM, Jake Anderson <yahoo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Just thought I'd relate my experiences.
> All in all it was fairly smooth, running from the update monitor app.
> Big take home message is DELETE FLASHPLUGIN-NONFREE BEFORE UPGRADING!
> The upgrade process got stuck on trying to remove that, and left it in a
> "very bad state" which required manually deleting stuff from dpkg databases
> and the like before it would die.
> The nvidia binary driver won't install by default but the package
> nvidia-current is up to date for newish video cards.
> Looks like myth might have surround sound on the zotac motherboard now. It
> knows about the HDMI port as well, but that machine only has analogue
> speakers so I cant test that.
> It looks like there is some issue running virt-manager (wont start complains
> about missing python module "version") but the virtual machines themselves
> are up and running ok.
> SLUG - Sydney Linux User's Group Mailing List - http://slug.org.au/
> Subscription info and FAQs: http://slug.org.au/faq/mailinglists.html