SLUG Mailing List Archives
[SLUG] Help with a modem installation, please.
- To: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: [SLUG] Help with a modem installation, please.
- From: wbennett@xxxxxxxxxx
- Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 16:16:16 +1000 (EST)
- User-agent: SquirrelMail/1.4.13
I'm trying to follow the instructions for installing the ZTE MF626 modem.
1) downloaded the latest usb_modeswitch file as directed.
2) clicked and selected "extract here". Which it did.
The next instruction is what's the matter:
3) Open the terminal,and go to the location of the compressed file end
sudo make install.
Well, the location of the decompressed file is Downloads and the file is
USB-modeswitch-1-1-1. Trying the command results in
make: *** No rule to make target `install'. Stop.
Hum. Well, I noticed that the Desktop now has a folder called ZTEMODEM.
It contains the following:
So, I thought I go into the ZTEMODEM folder and try the command.
ie, cd ZTEMODEM from the Desktop.
No. it denies all knowledge of ZTEMODEM's existence.
Any suggestions, please?