SLUG Mailing List Archives
RE: [SLUG] Presentations for multi-media BOF
- To: marghanita@xxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: RE: [SLUG] Presentations for multi-media BOF
- From: Patrick <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2010 17:24:32 +1000
- Cc: SLUG general <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>, James Polley <james@xxxxxxxxxx>, mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:sender:from:reply-to:to:cc :subject:date:message-id:x-mailer:mime-version:content-language :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; bh=spDKECM2ixoRCxT8V/TDrcBLdfcxzCtAkqttCEzyCKo=; b=Lx7SpdPStggZoXPfloSiizabmQGo4H8YeU0C0beVWZBUPYyw+/oWNbS82dr639vpHa YCw8Z3uupKyhuTG7LbTc87FTPeCZBYJdfXR0JB/WvegyCKrJIAKKjgFr+m+j1WAVQHi4 dLgRe5KClefHwKd5MfF0ofAMe7lJeZ8lF24nE=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=sender:from:reply-to:to:cc:subject:date:message-id:x-mailer :mime-version:content-language:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; b=IWerAVZp7SRL2LgvHHzqh0ALLuy2uvMY3Ky1FbGk86blk6Hd6pzaxdu3vCY7nXOc3h wrdiH+4aDXkke68+gUmwc5VZr7ssKUVS9zI3mgfNQkvOHeuZ77zq8Mn1LG06XRLneeJ0 KO43f7XH4gAnLmzQ2i3z50tQpFrNRPELyHlWM=
- Reply-to: Patrick <patrick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
I would like to hear about these too, Marghanita.
Linux - you use it everyday
Subject: Re: [SLUG] Presentations for multi-media BOF
From: Marghanita da Cruz <marghanita@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 06/04/2010 3:33 pm
Are you talking about the SLUG meeting on April 30?
There are two topics, which I could speak about briefly, but
on which I would also like to hear from others.
a) Prompted by the question about MPEG2 decoders - a short
talk/discussion/overview about Video Codecs and the
free/licensed issues for Linux/Browsers and consumer cam
b) Power Management in Linux - I am looking at power use in
general but could give a 15min talk on what I discover about
power management on the the Kogan Netbook (running gOS
- linux) if there is interest. I would love to hear a deep
tech talk on the power management modules in linux and maybe
something on servers.
To prompt other speakers who may have something to share on
I came across this article April 2010 issue of ACM mag :
Recipe for efficiency: principles of power-aware computing.
Marghanita da Cruz