SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] System admin graphing tools
- To: Ken Foskey <kfoskey@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] System admin graphing tools
- From: Dmitry Smirnov <onlyjob@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 10:43:15 +1100
- Cc: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :from:date:message-id:subject:to:cc:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=0ZA6eBZY3pWeJUmnlxmU2TsACAbONlpv1V4rnxtFzg4=; b=ZgNrzs8eFPORO9IRKoXdCioyvgR3Clvv5XOQms3mEQ5dGIoDHo0E87HIXTy55+Dhzi cErNvZqyEcdY1uf8BaQubujJLdCObvSXiQ8GOHBAtJiaIVBhYaz/pKC7iDbj2k4agwhQ eyZHROX6Htj8hSbINKvSsY/DxCALt+VFH8Pyo=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id:subject:to :cc:content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=X0yWbZFpcl7BRM6W61jWaYxlsoIehu6tRRdLeyoHp41aZHqfazFfi02GIzjiPW7VOE ncl1OCpt38oVyEYnC+zaqDA0h2i74l5AFOzVNu9rCniltz+7ml1+4HetQMPPPA5HeA4U t7fjtWWvWWz+eyd1Na8ZvOFAvBkmY7PxdOtC0=
I wouldn't bother wasting time on any of these tools.
Perhaps http://www.zabbix.com might be universal monitoring solution.
On 26 February 2010 09:55, Ken Foskey <kfoskey@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> We all know we should do it. Provide a monitoring system to see how our
> system loads are going. I have a couple of links that look interesting:
> It is local so goes first :-)
> Flapjack is a scalable and distributed monitoring system. It natively
> talks the Nagios plugin format.
> http://www.cacti.net/ (Language PHP)
> Cacti is a complete network graphing solution...
> http://munin.projects.linpro.no/ (Language Perl)
> Munin is a networked resource monitoring tool that can help analyze
> resource trends and "what just happened to kill our performance?"
> problems. It is designed to be very plug and play. A default
> installation provides a lot of graphs with almost no work.
> The Multi Router Traffic Grapher
> Cannot find a simple 'what is nagios' on website.
> 'Nagios is a host and service monitor designed to inform you of network
> problems.' From whitepaper.
> SmokePing keeps track of your network latency
> Any comments on the above and any others to add to the list?
> Other reading:
> Implementation of Cacti, Smokeping, Nagios (2004)
> Based on a quick read, munin looks pretty good.
> SLUG - Sydney Linux User's Group Mailing List - http://slug.org.au/
> Subscription info and FAQs: http://slug.org.au/faq/mailinglists.html