SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] Joomla
- To: UnclePete <uncle@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] Joomla
- From: Mike <beatbreaker82@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 18:09:08 +1100
- Cc: "slug@xxxxxxxxxxx" <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Heracles <heracles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:references:message-id:from:to :in-reply-to:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:x-mailer :mime-version:subject:date:cc; bh=ENE17M+4em74EM4epkl8ZrfpGlzFYKzqVrvuRBuVSbM=; b=U1NmdIFiMIaqlMfe7iqsrosz5ui2E2Bopgyi6EQbZ0ooO6CVU9ScCjp8zkfStjnYFb iIxRK9fmoEqYbrfVAY/nRRr8vuh5NQoDpB1TR3YnnLd+UK7zxkujedHF4KwfZa+YBkGs HzMa99QeQ6sBsqzB7S/qtCHllEq66dFcvIInQ=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=references:message-id:from:to:in-reply-to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding:x-mailer:mime-version:subject:date:cc; b=SdeKIkipWqSYKvUL/xULqrvKwVAtpZiqUb8nnq24Zp+xpNxACNF9bPF2H1g3l5bmwR Juh/1wkXbQkwBgPFbIeXyWr4ldsAR1wKy3NGJQilutsPlFJgsVUa/XPQp9dPJ75uswlm 99aNZCIHqNxVn07IBDtw+juZ2+Jv/kM2mb72g=
I'd have no idea either why it's not in the ubuntu repos, I dunno if u
could add something in sources.lst ... Tho that may be changed since I
used ubuntu too.
Anyway I'm posting cos I stumbled on this before, http://www.turnkeylinux.org/
I think it's ubuntu based, includes joomla, mysql, and apache I think.
Could be a little bloated tho, I dunno. May be an all in one fuss free
On 22/02/2010, at 14:24, UnclePete <uncle@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Several questions here - I've answered them separately for clarity:
Q: Why is Joomla! not in the repositories?
A: I think it was at one point, but I prefer to install this type of
application manually - I've found that patches and critical security
stuff take too long to filter through the repositories, and the
manual patch process is usually a no-brainer.
Q: Unknown suffix error message
A: Use 'unzip' as the archive is in pkzip format not gzip.
Q: How do I get a copy of Joomla! installed?
A: I'm assuming you have Apache, PHP and MySQL already installed -
these are pre-requisites. You've downloaded the archive - that's the
first step. The brief instructions are to unzip the archive in your
apache doc root directory, create a MySQL database and user and then
browse to the location where you installed the archive - an
installation window will be displayed and you just follow the
If the above is too brief, try the instructions at http://help.joomla.org/content/category/15/99/132/
Joomla is a great CMS - stick with it and Good Luck!
Regards - Peter
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
How do I get a copy of Joomla installed on Ubuntu 9.10? I have
downloaded the file package ffom their site, but it is in zip
gunzip says "unknown suffix --ignored" and does nothing
NOTE: If it is gpl, why is it not in the Ubuntu repositories?
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (GNU/Linux)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
Internal Virus Database is out of date.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com Version: 8.5.435 / Virus Database: 271.1.1/2687
- Release Date: 02/14/10 07:35:00
SLUG - Sydney Linux User's Group Mailing List - http://slug.org.au/
Subscription info and FAQs: http://slug.org.au/faq/mailinglists.html