SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] ActiveX in Virtualbox not working update
- To: Harrison Conlin <me@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] ActiveX in Virtualbox not working update
- From: elliott-brennan <elliottbrennan@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2009 11:32:57 +1100
- Cc: slug <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>, mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Reply-to: mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: Thunderbird 220.127.116.11 (X11/20090817)
Hi again, Harrison,
Seems like it needed me to make IE the default
browser (I also installed 8) - scary!
Now I'm having other problems...might have to get
back if I need SQLserver assistance (this stuff is
SUPPOSED to be plug and play :))) for clinical
Turns out that antivirus scanners can corrupt the
install - sooooooo, I'm supposed to install the
application with the AV disabled (!), trusting
there's nothing untoward on their disks...here
Harrison Conlin wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 10, 2009 at 10:22 AM, elliott-brennan
> <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> However, each time I try to run the application I
>> get a message that it cannot work because of a
>> lack of ActiveX.
>> Does anyone know if ActiveX works within
>> VirtualBox or whether I'm better off trying out
>> Vmware-Player or something similar?
> It shouldn't matter if its running native or in a VM.
> What browser are you using inside the VM?
Registered GNU/Linux User 368634