SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] ActiveX in Virtualbox not working
- To: Harrison Conlin <me@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] ActiveX in Virtualbox not working
- From: elliott-brennan <elliottbrennan@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2009 11:00:18 +1100
- Cc: slug <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>, mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Reply-to: mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: Thunderbird 220.127.116.11 (X11/20090817)
Urm. The exact message is:
"MHS Tool" - this is the name of the software ware
"ActiveX component can't create object"
I'm assuming the thing works within a browser????
IE6 installed (I doubt if it requires a browser
that they'd make it for anything else :(
I'm just going to 'upgrade' to 8
Harrison Conlin wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 10, 2009 at 10:22 AM, elliott-brennan
> <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> However, each time I try to run the application I
>> get a message that it cannot work because of a
>> lack of ActiveX.
>> Does anyone know if ActiveX works within
>> VirtualBox or whether I'm better off trying out
>> Vmware-Player or something similar?
> It shouldn't matter if its running native or in a VM.
> What browser are you using inside the VM?
Registered GNU/Linux User 368634