SLUG Mailing List Archives
[SLUG] ActiveX in Virtualbox not working
- To: slug <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [SLUG] ActiveX in Virtualbox not working
- From: elliott-brennan <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2009 10:22:43 +1100
- Reply-to: mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: Thunderbird 22.214.171.124 (X11/20090817)
My wife is a child and family psychologist.
One of the tests she uses (they're all
windows-based - there are no *nix versions and
they cost $2000+ a pop) appears to require ActiveX.
I've installed the software in an XP guest within
However, each time I try to run the application I
get a message that it cannot work because of a
lack of ActiveX.
Does anyone know if ActiveX works within
VirtualBox or whether I'm better off trying out
Vmware-Player or something similar?
Thanks for any assistance offered.
Registered GNU/Linux User 368634